Hi there. My name is Matei “Ambient.Impact” Stanca. I make websites and stuff.
I’ve been fiddling with pages and sites on the web for over a decade now. I love the medium, and I’m entirely self-taught. I make my websites primarily on top of Drupal. I can handle both small and larger, complex sites. Here are a few bullet points:
- Excellent knowledge of Drupal. I’m very familiar with the various hooks, interfaces, and quirks of the code. I’ve created several modules for various sites I’ve worked on, when off-the-shelf modules weren’t available. This includes custom blocks (content areas), helper code, complex theming, and new functionality on top of the core software. I occasionally contribute patches to various Drupal.org projects, when I fix a bug or need a new feature.
- Extensive knowledge of jQuery and its API. I’ve used it in just about every project I’ve ever worked on, sometimes in very complex ways. I’ve written a few jQuery plug-ins specifically for code re-use in my various projects.
- I implement responsive design wherever I can, allowing my sites to adapt seamlessly to any size screen and input method, be it a smartphone, tablet, or computer. My sites are comfortable to use, regardless of what you view them on. No zooming or frustration.
- Whenever possible, I favour an elegant coding solution that keeps the door open for less work and easy changes or additions in the future, while not overly complicating a project.
- I strongly believe that to call myself a professional in this quickly changing industry, I have to be continually learning and adapting to new methods, tools, and best practices. I keep up with sites and people like A List Apart, CSS-Tricks, Smashing Magazine, Filament Group, The Usability Post, Eric Meyer, Jeremy Keith, and many more.
- In addition to my web experience, I’m a fairly advanced Adobe Photoshop user, having done everything from website graphics, photo-manipulation and retouching, to 3D model textures. I also know my way around Adobe Illustrator fairly well. I’ve been involved in quite a bit of game modding (creating and editing character models, textures, etc.).
If you get a chance, please take a look at my portfolio.