- If you are looking for performance, don’t use frameworks. Period.
- At the end of the day, DOM is slow.
- Repaints and reflows are even slower.
- Whatever performance you get out of your app, repaints and reflows are still going to be the last remaining bottleneck.
- Keep the number of DOM nodes down.
- Cache created DOM nodes, and use them as a pool of pre-assembled elements you can put back in the page as needed.
- Logging the timings in IE/Edge console is unreliable because the developer tools have a noticeable performance hit.
- Measure! Always measure performance first, then only fix the issues you’ve reliably identified.